Maddin, Hauser, Wartell, Roth & Heller P.C.
Shareholder, Litigation/Bankruptcy/Real Estate
· Handle wide variety of litigation, real estate and bankruptcy issues, with a particular focus on the real estate industry.
· Named a 2015 SuperLawyers Rising Star.
– Head of firm’s Continuous Improvement Committee.
– Represent several of largest local real estate owners in a variety of matters.
Erman, Teicher, Miller, Zucker & Freedman P.C.
Associate Oct. 09 – Aug. 10
· Integral member of BBC Entities receivership team.
· Handle wide range of litigation, real estate and insolvency matters.
· Represent debtors and creditors in chapters 7, 11 and 13.
Haynes and Boone LLP
Associate, Bankruptcy and Business Reorganization Group Sep. 08 – July 09
· Integral member of ATA Airlines, Inc. restructuring team.
· Contract expertise including drafting, analyzing and negotiating stipulations, settlement agreements, real estate documents, and confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP Chicago, IL
Associate, Corporate Restructuring Practice Group
· Integral member of Delphi Corporation’s restructuring team.
· Complex corporate transactional work, including assisting in the drafting of equity purchase commitment agreements, preparation of various transactional documents, and performance of corporate due diligence.
· Litigation experience: researching and drafting substantive law and motion papers; preparing pleadings; preparation of case management statements and orders; negotiating settlements and preparing release agreements; and case management.
United States Bankruptcy Court For The Eastern District Of Michigan
Judges Steven Rhodes and Phillip Shefferly Sep. 05 – Sep. 06
Shared Law Clerk
· Drafted proposed opinions and bench memoranda used in issuing oral opinions.
Carson Fischer, P.L.C.
Summer Associate, Bankruptcy and Real Estate Practice Groups
· Assisted in drafting and analysis of legal issues with respect to motions and other pleadings.
United States District Court For The Eastern District Of Michigan
Judge George Caram Steeh
- Real and Personal Property Tax Appeals
Wayne State University Law School
- Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude May 2005· SENIOR NOTE AND COMMENT EDITOR, Law Review
· JUNIOR MEMBER, Moot Court
G.P.A.: 3.72/4.0, Class Rank: Top 5% (7/230)
Order Of The Coif; Dean’s Scholar Recipient 2004; Silver Key Recipient 2004
Michigan State University East Lansing, MI
Bachelor Of Science In Business Administration June 2001
Major G.P.A.: 3.4/4.0
Dean’s List Winter 2000 – Winter 2001
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Illinois (inactive)
- State Bar of Texas (inactive)
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle and Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware